10 Reasons To Make You Proud To Be An Indian This Independence Day
As India celebrates its 75th Independence Day, today. August 15 is a day every Indian remembers and is proud of. However, here are 10 facts about India that will take that patriotic emotion several notches higher! Do you agree?
1. Rabindranath Tagore was the first Indian and the first Asian to win a Nobel Prize in literature.
2. The Indian army controls Siachen (5,400m) – which is the highest battlefield in the whole world.
3. India is a global leader in the production of spices. 70% of the world’s spices come from India.
4. India have never invaded any country in her last 100,000 years of history!
5. Chess was invited in India.
6. Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus are studies that originated in India. Study them with us here at ConnectEd!
7. India has the largest road network in the world, which runs over 1.9 million miles (approx. over 3million kms) of distance. You can reach anywhere and everywhere in India by the way of roads.
8. India has the largest network of post offices in the world, which includes approximately 155,000 post offices. It even has a floating office situated over the Dal lake in Kashmir!
9. In Switzerland, May 26 is celebrated as Science Day because Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam visited their country on that day.
10. The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindhu/ Indus 6000 years ago and it is said that the word ‘Navigation’ is derived from the Sanskrit word ‘Navgatih’.
If you’re an Indian, Happy Independence Day. We hope that you’re celebrating in a special way today. There are so many more reasons to be proud to be an Indian, today. Let every day be like Independence Day.